Saturday, March 19, 2011

Jefferson Hospital Employees

I know it's been awhile since you last saw me outside of your hospital passing out my medical records and displaying my sign. I know there is no disappointment not seeing me there. However, I have some good news. Besides the grass and flowers that come with every new Spring, there is also the reemergence of your most dispised patient. The cold weather has kept me away over the last several months. I will be appearing along with my sign and records in the next few weeks. I know you will be looking out for me as you usually do. Do you remember the incident last summer when one of your security guards told me to get off his sidewalk or he would throw me into the street. My oldest daughter does because she was standing next to my chair when he said that. It was the Phila Police who were called to prevent that tragedy.  Or maybe you remember the incident that took place in July of 2006 on the ground floor of your hospital at the 9th street entrance. It was when Dr. Andrews rushed me back into the hospital to remove the shunt that just a day earlier had said was not infected. Yes, this is also part of the records in my possession. The 2 receptionists at there desks that day would witness one of the most disturbing and disgusting events while employed at Jefferson Hospital. An extremely ill patient with a life treatening brain infection falls out of his chair while sitting in front of these two woman. While his wife and oldest daughter watch in horror he is left to lay on the floor for 45 minutes while screaming from the excrutiating pain coming from his head. Jayne and Jenna did everthing they could to get help. Security guards walked by along with other hospital staff but no one rendered any help. An intern finally came down from the sixth floor and told my wife that they had no beds for me and thats why they couldn't take me up stairs right away. They continued to argue until the doctor wrote my wife a prescription for pain medication which my wife had to get filled at the pharmacy on Walnut st. Jenna waited with me as I continued to lie on the floor. These are only a few of the horriffic events that took place while at Jefferson. And this is what the general public, print media and televison will learn as time goes on.
I came to your hospital for help in 2006. I trusted your doctors and staff and because I did, I am now very sick for which you claim no responsibility. The most damaging of your medical records have been posted on the internet for all to view. They have been distributed by me in front of your hospital. This distruction will continue unabated.
Your hospitals reputation will continue to suffer. The doctors and nurses who support Dr. Andrews and his staff are as guilty as they are for not saying anything and stnding by his decisions. When your reputations are destroyed along with the hospitals reputation, don't blame me for what I did. Blame yourselves for what you didn't do.

It only takes one rogue reporter or someone's connection to print media.

No comments:

Post a Comment